Computer use can be monitored and is impossible to completely clear. If you are afraid that your internet and/or computer usage might be monitored, please use a safer computer, call our hotline at 1-888-311-7755, and/or call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.

Foundation Supporter

St David's Foundation

Community Support

Spiradrill Bastrop Power & Light


AmazonSmile is a charitable giving program by which Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the purchasers charity of choice. The Family Crisis Center is participating and you can help support the Center with your Amazon purchases! To learn more and support the services of the Family Crisis Center click on the link.

No appointment necessary for immediate crisis intervention and advocacy services. Please call our 24-hour crisis hotline 888-311-7755 or 512-303-7755 for more information.

Walk-in services are available Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm (except holidays) at the Center’s main office located at 431 Old Austin Hwy, Bastrop, Texas.

Services also available by appointment at outreach offices in Fayette, Lee, and Colorado counties (La Grange, Giddings, and Columbus) and other locations. Please contact the main office at 512-321-7760 during regular office hours for more information about outreach office hours or to schedule appointments at other locations.


Summertime can bring about fun for many families in the area; however, for those families experiencing domestic violence, this time of year can mean making the life-changing decision to leave a violent home. Shelter and crisis services typically increase during the summer, and this places a strain on agency resources. Please consider donating items from the current needs list to help the agency serve individuals in need.


Lights! Camera! Texas!



Your Legal Rights

Domestic violence is violence that occurs at home between people who know each other: husbands and wives, boyfriends and girlfriends, same-sex partners, adult relatives, and parents and their children. The violence is often in the form of physical injury, but also may be in the form of threats, isolation, emotional mistreatment or forced sex.

It is a crime for anyone to cause you physical injury or harm, even if that person is a member or former member of your family or household.

You have the right to:

  • not be hurt
  • ask the police to file charges against the person who hurt you
  • ask the local prosecutor to file a criminal complaint against the person who hurt you
  • apply for a Protective Order

A Protective Order is a legal document that may order:

  • the abuser to not commit further acts of violence
  • the abuser not to threaten, harass, stalk or contact you
  • the abuser to leave your household
  • temporary custody of the children to you
  • the abuser to an domestic violence education program for offenders

Information for Immigrants and Refugees

If your husband is hurting you, you may be eligible for lawful permanent residency without his cooperation. You have the right to be free from violence in your home. If you are a resident or a legal refugee, a divorce or separation will not affect your legal status. However you should keep documents and other objects, like photos, to show that your marriage was real and not entered into for immigration purposes. If you have conditional residency and have been battered or subjected to extreme cruelty, you still may be able to keep lawful immigration status. If your husband will not cooperate in removing your conditional status, you can request a waiver. If you do not have lawful permanent residency and you are married, you may qualify under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) to obtain lawful permanent residency without the cooperation of your husbands. For more information about the waivers or laws, you can contact American Gateways in Austin (formerly known as Political Asylum Project of Austin) at 512-478-0546 or

You are here: Home > Services & Programs > Your Legal Rights