Calendar of Events
The Family Crisis Center holds three primary fundraising events each year. They are the Festival of Trees, the Annual Dinner & Dance, and Pedal Thru The Pines. Proceeds from fundraising events support the programs and services offered by the agency. Various levels of sponsorship are available for each of these events. Sponsors receive recognition at the event, tickets or registration, reserved seating, and recognition on the agency's Facebook page depending on the sponsorship level.
The Center holds other events throughout the year to support programs and clients and to create awareness in the community.
For more information, please contact the Family Crisis Center's main office at (512) 321-7760.
- 21st - Lee County Outreach Office Ribbon Cutting & Open House
- 13th - Youth Conference: Educated and Opinionated - Developing Healthy Relationships One Teen at a Time. Sessions include: Media and Gender, Self-Perception and Stereotyping, and Student Media Projects. The conference is designed for 8th - 12th grade students and will be held at Cedar Creek High School in Bastrop, TX, from 9:00am-2:30pm. Registration and participation is free. Participants receive a journal, t-shirt, lanyard/name tag, bracelet, breakfast, and lunch.
Domestic Violence Awareness Month
The Family Crisis Center wishes to acknowledge the strength of survivors of domestic violence, their courage, and the struggles they face in the healing process. Adult and child victims of domestic violence, participants of the Battering Intervention and Prevention Program, and members of the community created and designed masks as part of the "Unmask the Truth...Stop Domestic Violence" awareness project. The goals of this campaign are to focus attention on domestic violence by increasing visibility, call on community members to learn the facts, and generate a community-wide commitment to ending domestic violence. In addition, Bastrop County will GO PURPLE! The outside lights at the courthouse will shine purple during this month in honor of families who have been impacted by domestic violence.
- All this month, holiday gift items will be collected & client sign-up for the Holiday Giving Program.
- 17th - Thanksgiving meals will be distributed for families who have received services at the Center in the past 12 months.
- 1st - Festival Of Trees & So Much More... will take place at the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa.Sponsorships are available. Tickets are $55 a person and include a "Taste of the Are" and two drink tickets. The event begins at 6:00pm. Live auction begins at 7:30pm. See the event Facebook page for more information
- 20th - Holiday Giving Program for children of families who have received services at the Center in the past 12 months.
Stalking Awareness Month
The Family Crisis Center wishes to acknowledge the strength of survivors of stalking, their courage, and the struggles they face in the healing process. This month, the agency is sponsoring the "Take Steps to Stop Stalking" awareness project, with community presentations and informational displays related to stalking. The goal of this campaign is to create community awareness, provide information, and engage community discussions of safety and prevention. For more information, please contact Debby Hall, Community Resource Specialist for the Family Crisis Center, or visit www.stalkingawarenessmonth.org or www.victimsofcrime.org/our-programs/stalking-resource-center.
- Teen Dating Violence Awareness and Prevention Month
23rd - Annual Dinner & Dance will take place at the Knights of Columbus Hall in La Grange, TX. Sponsorships are available.
Kick start your bike and drop into gear for the Family Crisis Center's Annual Dinner Dance Gala "Motorcycle Madness".
Tickets are $50 a person. Event starts at 6:00pm. Dinner is served at 7:00pm. Music by the Triumphs begins at 8:00pm.
- 9th - Pedal Thru The Pines cycling event. This cycling event offers various routes and provides a unique experience for cyclists of every level. The ride is a recommended training ride for the BP MS150. Sponsorships are available. Follow the link to event website for registration or more information.
- Volunteer Appreciation Month
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- 12th - Mother's Day - Honor a special woman in your life with a donation gift to the Center.
- TBD - Backpack and school supplies distribution for children of families who have received services at the Center in the past 12 months.
You are here: Home > Calendar